4.06.2013

Snicker Doodle Apple Cobbler

{Today's post is delicious. That is all}
I'm going to be brutally honest and tell you that I found this on Pinterest. I sort of thought this might be one of those recipes you see on there that is just completely over the top and should not be consumed by anyone. But I looked at the ingredients and thought maybe I had judged it a little too harshly, too quickly. And after making it, I can tell you that it's soooo good. It wasn't overly sweet like a lot of desserts tend to be, and it wasn't as simple and bland as a classic apple pie. I mean, apple pie is good, but sometimes you just need a little variation. Might I suggest this next time you are looking for something simple and unique...


Cookie Ingredients:
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar plus 1/2 cup
1 egg
3/4 tsp cinnamon

Apple Ingredients:
8 cups (roughly 6-8 apples) (I suggest granny smith)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.

In a small bowl combine first four dry ingredients for the cookie dough. In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup of sugar. Add egg followed by premixed dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are blended into the dough well. Set aside.

In another small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon and 1/2 cup sugar, set aside. In a larger bowl add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Peel (I didn't), core and slice apples. Add to brown sugar and cinnamon mixture, tossing to coat. Transfer apples to an 8x8 inch baking dish.


Form 1 inch balls of dough and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place coated dough balls on top of apples, press down lightly to slightly flatten. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until apples are tender and cookie topping is lightly golden.

Let cool prior to serving!

Source: Baked by Rachel via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!